Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Boxer Hockey: A web comic

My friend April told me about a web comic called Boxer Hockey that was pretty funny so I decided to take a look at it. She only gave me a few brief facts about it, so in short I really had no idea as to what I was expecting.

Boxer Hockey is one of those comics that I think was created out random and perhaps a bit of beer. In the story, Boxer Hockey is apparently a major sport where players play in their boxers as indicated in the title. Instead of hockey sticks - any blunt object is used like a 2x4 or even a rock. and instead of a puck, the players hit around a genetically altered frog. The characters are a bit weird and offbeat themselves - kind of matching the game that they play. However, past all the bizarre events and the concept of this comic in general, Boxer Hockey actually has some interesting writing and funny art. Aside from this work, Tyson Hesse, also has some other funny webcomics including some based on the popular Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Overall, Boxer Hockey is a comic that I might start looking more into since it peeked into my humorous interest. There is a reason that it has kept going since 2006.

Also, you can't help but feel sorry for the frogs...

http://boxerhockey.fireball20xl.com/?id=1

No comments:

Post a Comment