Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Graphic novel: Shutter Island

Note: I haven't seen the move Shutter island, but this is the graphic novel that is based on the novel that the movie is based on. ( that's a mouthfull)

Shutter Island was a graphic novel that I found in the clearance section of Books a Million. Not only did it have a $3.00 price tag but I just found the art pretty interesting - didn't really care much for the story at the time. By having unique art, it was illustrated in watercolors in a very limited color pallet with the exception of a few flashback scenes that were a more broad spectrum of colors. Since a lot of my sketch-work is limited as far as color, I guess that my my ultimate attraction to it.

After reading through Shutter Island, something that I originally wasn't going to do, I found that it was a worthwhile narrative to immerse in. It's a mystery that leaves you wondering the whole time and has an ending that is the unexpected kind that blows your mind at the finish. The graphic novel is a cool adaptation and worth looking at if you haven't seen the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment