Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Porko Rosso (The Crimson Pig)

Porko Roso is a Studio Ghibli Film that I think is overlooked by many of today's generation that's used to some of the recent Ghibli Films like Spirited Away, The Secret World of Arrietty, Howl's Moving Castle, etc. When I first saw Porko Rosso a few years ago, admittedly, I wasn't fond of it - mostly because I wasn't paying too much attention at the time. Re-watching it, I realized how good it was and I consider it to be one of the better Ghibli Films. At first, I never understood how Porko(or Marko as his real name is) became a pig since we are not shown any origin of the transformation and we are so used to seeing a human character being transformed into an animal for a reason like many other films. Although we are not given information as to how, but we are briefly given why. Porko is a bit of a womanizer - the term "Pig" used to describe such a man.

With that aside, Porko Rosso is a good film worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment