Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fables: The Comic and "The Wolf Among Us"

(Note: couldn't access the comics on the portal so I'll blog what I know)

So, I'm pretty sure we all know the fairy tales of Snow White, The Three Little Pigs, etc- but when you are introduced to the world of "Fables" by Bill Willingham it's a whole new look on some timeless characters.

In the present time, the "Fables" (fairy tale folk) like in a community called "Fabletown" in New York City. Those Fables such as monsters or anthropomorphic characters who are unable to blend in live at "The Farm"  in upstate New York. The Big Bad Wolf (Bigby) can take on a human form and he serves as the sheriff of the community.

I had seen several of the Fables titles in the bookstore, bu never showed interest or looked at them until I found a popular youtuber doing a playthrough of "The Wolf Among Us" - a game by telltalle games that is based on Fables and where you decided the outcome. The Wolf Among Us has what may be the most unique look to a video game that I have ever seen. Like telltalle's "Walking Dead" games, the Wolf Among Us looks exactly like a drawn and inked colored comic - only 3D. You play as Bigby as you try to solve a murder mystery. Seeing the storyline of the game (I watched the first part of it) the whole concept of Fables has peeked my interest as to where I want to have a look at the comic itself.

The Wolf Among Us trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_St9DTuO0

No comments:

Post a Comment